multiple sclerosis community | questions to ask

BMJ Group Medical Reference

Introduction

If you've been told that you have multiple sclerosis (MS), you may want to talk to your doctor to find out more.

Here are some questions that you might want to ask.
  • What type of MS do I have?
  • Should I take drugs to try to slow down the disease?
  • How likely is it that drugs can slow down the disease?
  • Which drugs do you recommend and why?
  • How can these drugs help me?
  • Do these drugs have side effects?
  • How long should I keep taking them?
  • What if they don't seem to be working?
  • What other treatments should I have for my MS?
  • What treatments can help if I start having trouble getting around?
  • Will I be able to have children?
  • Will MS affect my pregnancy and delivery?
  • Are there any lifestyle changes I can make to help myself? For example, will eating certain foods or exercising help?

Citations

Last Updated: April 16, 2010
 
This information does not replace medical advice.  If you are concerned you might have a medical problem please ask your Boots pharmacy team in your local Boots store, or see your doctor.
 

ShareThis